He encouraged me to draw his characters in my style and he even said he’ll draw my characters if I do so, making it an art trade. This isn’t the first art collaboration/trade-y thingy he pokey’d me to try, so I decided to give it a go.
I usually say no because frankly, in my opinion at least, people who can churn out COMPLETED art pieces more frequently and quickly than me are “better” at arting than I am. When I (or anyone) first started drawing, there’s a chance that the piece will NOT end up being what you initially planned it to be. When you’re more experienced, you minimize this “random factor” and end up “knowing what you’re doing and sticking to it”; think: “artistic foresight”. Me, I finally got it down to 80%-ish chance I’ll finish with something like how I originally planned the drawing to turn out. Still a 20%-ish chance I’ll end up somewhere random. That said, people who churn out completed works (TO ME) are “better” because they’ve arted often enough to “draw whatever they want”. In certain ways, Kirb is a better artist than I am.
YOU GET A MOTHERFUCKING COOKIE IF YOU READ THIS MOTHERFUCKING POST. TUMBLR IS BEING WEIRD.